Don’t Worry About Anything
Why worry about tomorrow?
Why worry when things go wrong?
Worrying is a sin. It is a sign of unbelief. The Scripture tells us, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with Thanksgiving let yourself request be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. (Phil. 4:6-7)
The human tendencies will naturally cause us to be stressed or to be worried when we experience challenges but the word of God helps us to create checks and balances in our life so that we are able to resist the feeling of anxiety.
God often uses our challenges to get our attention. He desires us to draw near to Him and in doing so, we get His attention. The word of God says you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart, all your soul, and all your being. He promises that He will be with us. It is such a blessing to dwell in God’s presence where we can communicate with Him any time.
We should not be ready to quit when faced with unforeseen challenges and we should not be easily discouraged when we experience adversity. Instead, we should view these circumstances as a test of our faith in God. When we activate our faith in Him and trust Him, He will guide and protect us.
The Scripture encourages us to cast our anxiety on Him because He cares for us. It also tell us, “Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10). This Bible verse is so consoling to the believer.
Sometimes our challenges leave us weak, devastated and helpless but the word of God reminds us, “My grace is enough for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” So then, I will boast most gladly about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may reside in me. 2 Cor. 12:9
Eight ways to avoid worrying:
1. Believe on the Name of the Son of God, and receive Him into your heart.
2. Get more of God’s word in you by studyin the word of God.
3. Pray without ceasing. Spend more time with God in prayer.
4. Get to know God more and spend more time in His presence.
5. Allow Him to order your steps. Let His will be done in all your endeavours.
6. Maintain a relationship with Him. Spend quality time in praise, worship and thanksgiving.
7. Forgive those who do you wrong.
8. Be willing to help those who are in need.